Thursday, August 21, 2008

Together..

Rob has been the light in this darkness. A real blessing and gift from God. When I am with him, the weight of this world just passes away.

Rob and I have been together now for 5 weeks. He is not just my boyfriend but also my brother in Christ and one of my best mates.

Having met at a gay Christian organisation, we instantly fell for each other. I’m not sure I believe in love at first sight but if it is true then that is what happened with Rob and I.

He taught me that love between two people can bring about the best in each other. That love is about trust, forgiveness, grace and companionship.

Currently in Australia, same-sex marriage is not legal. I am hoping this will change as people start to see how gay men and women can truly love each other.

"In Love there is no room for fear, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear implies punishment and no one who is afraid has come to perfection in love" (1 John 4:18).

There is a strong possibility that Rob may have to go to Melbourne for work and if so where does that leave me?

I am not sure...Who knows?

5 comments:

zharmad said...

I'll put you on to a guy I know, dude. He moved down to Melbourne after a few months. ;P

Anonymous said...

Rob!? Really!?!!
Congratulations to you both!!! Couldn't ask for a more 'cooler' couple! Come over and celebrate!
iain
:)

Anonymous said...

What does that comment from zharmad mean? I dont get it... am I slow?
Rob

Anonymous said...

So... what does that comment from zharmad mean... I dont get it... am I slow?
Rob

Anonymous said...

Good on ya Ben. Relationships are cool. Jeff